Your Ad Here

Saturday, March 25, 2006

TIM CURRY


"Baby's got a dream and she can boogie"


This post is going to be a little different from the music I usually post, but I have to dig way back to the seventies now and spotlight the god that is Tim Curry. Anybody who's seen Rocky Horror Picture Show will know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't seen it, go out RIGHT NOW and rent/buy it. It's one of the two best movies ever (the other being the 2003 version of Peter Pan, but that's an entirely different story). Anyway, Tim Curry had a short recording career after Rocky Horror and it's insanely unfair that he wasn't more popular than he was. None of his albums are even in print anymore (his greatest hits cd goes for 70$ on amazon!!). So, I decided to spotlight a small taster of Curry's non-RHPS work.

First up is "Paradise Garage," a sorta rock/disco hybrid with a really catchy chorus from his 1979 album Fearless. Next is a new wave cover of the Zombie's 1960's hit "She's Not There" from his 1981 mostly covers album Simplicity. Third is "Right On The Money," a Rocky Horror-ish rocker that opens Fearless. Finally is "Bettie Jean," a song from Simplicity that I included simply because it makes me laugh everytime I hear it.


(Unfortunately, I couldn't find anywhere you can by music by Tim Curry. If you like what you hear, let me know. I have more of his stuff. Please support the artists. If you hold the copyright to this song and wish it to be removed, contact me and I will delete it immediately.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't he do a song called I Do The Rock or something like it?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Justahannah said...

Hi! Any chance you have the whole Fearless album in a format I could obtain from you digitally? My uncle used to have it on vinyl and he asked me to find it for him again and on cd...it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks for any help,
Hannah

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

email me! :)

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home