Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 24, 2006

TRABANT - THE ONE (FILTHY DUKES REMIX)


"I never wanted to be the one"

Take a look at that picture and tell me that you're not at least a little bit curious about the song. Turns out, it's every bit as glamourous and lovely as you'd think. Trabant hail from Iceland (I think probably the first Icelandic band I've ever posted!) and are more of an experimental band than anything. They meld elements of Queen, Prince and electronica and the verdict's still out on whether I can get into their stuff or not. This is the most straightforward of their songs that I've heard and it's simply gorgeous. This is a remixed version of the one on the album (which is more of a brooding techno ballad) and I think that it's mainstream enough to possibly be a hit. The other songs I've heard from them are a bit less straightforward and sometimes don't quite feel like fully formed songs yet. They are intriguing, at least.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy their album - and see their cool video - here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home