Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's October, people... which means it's officially the month of Halloween, one of the best days of the year. I'm huge on Halloween and especially the music that goes along with it. So, in honor of all of that, #1 Hits is going to be home to a Halloween themed track every day of the month (in addition to regular posts). Of course we all know and love the Thrillers, Monster Mashes, Time Warps, etc. I'm going to try to post some more obscure stuff. Some will be scary, some funny, others strange. Some will deal directly with the holiday, others will have less obvious connections. All will be awesome treats for your candy baskets (or pillowcases, or pockets....whatever).

And, to get things going (since, yes... to me Halloween is all month long): my homemade costume from last year at a Rocky Horror midnight showing. I won the pre-show contest, and seriously how could I not??


Song #1

Tim Curry - Anything Can Happen On Halloween

Definitely one of my favorite Halloween songs of all time and so freaking funny. He's in his Frankenfurter persona on this one and the spoken intro is priceless. Best of all, though, is when the tinny background beat comes in (one of the lousiest beats I've ever heard). Some brilliantly stupid lines in this one: "Your dentist may turn into a Queen," "Has anybody seen my tamborine?" It's low quality, but it is a tradition in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home