Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

KALAN PORTER - IN SPITE OF IT ALL


“I'm standing tall in spite of it all"

One of the perks of living close to the Canadian border is that I get to listen to Canadian radio and watch Canadian TV if I'd like. Although the country's taste in music is pretty similar to America's, they do have their share of homegrown pop artists. Kalan Porter was the winner of the second season of Canadian Idol (the best season of any Idol program, I might add). His album incorporates radio rock and pop with some classical elements and, although he only has one album out so far, it's full of what sound like potential hits. In Spite Of It All was his second non-idol single and is a fantastic slice of catchy rock.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

4 Comments:

Blogger KulPop said...

I agree that the second season of Canadian Idol was amazing. I was lucky enough to be at most of the live shows and the top three finalists were great.

I beleive Kalan is recording his second album now, no word on a release date.

Cheers,

KulPop

8:38 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I still say that Jacob was robbed (not that the success of Hedley hasn't topped all of the other Idols anyway).

I'm looking forward to Kalan's new record. Hopefully he'll throw more of his classical background into the new stuff.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

I kept thinking that I would like Kalan Porter, but the only two songs of his I heard were "Awake In A Dream" (which didn't really impress me, but then, what Idol debut single does?) and "Single" (the video for which I saw first, and I was too thrown by the discrepancy between Kalan's appearance and voice to really focus on the music), although I have always loved the little 30 second previews I've heard of the Original 3 remix of "Single" (I really need to find someone in Canada to buy that for me, because I think it's only a digital download). This was much better; thanks!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Kalan's got more potential than most idols in most countries (in my opinion). He wasn't my favorite of that season (that would be Jacob), but he's easily in the top 5 "idols" in the world.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home