Your Ad Here

Monday, November 13, 2006



Grab your dancing shoes because this week on #1 Hits it is Disco Week!!

Given either your love or hatred of the genre, there's no doubt that the Disco years gave us some great songs. I'm thinking Stayin' Alive, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, On The Radio, etc. My posts over the next seven days are not dedicated to these.
No, over the next week you'll be treated to some of the strangest, befuddling disco "hits" that I've ever heard. All misplaced sexual tension manifested in bizarre, over-the-top ways if you ask me. Before I begin the post for today, I've got to let you all know that I've had an absolute blast preparing this week's songs. These bands.... well, some of them have me cracking up just by looking at their picture!

Song #1



Sample & Download: Teach-In - Ding-a-Dong
Download: Teach-In - Ding-a-Dong

No, you did not misread that title. I thought for a moment that I wouldn't even try to touch this one, but any song whose chorus is literally "ding a dong every hour, when you pick a flower" has to be spotlighted. This, mind you, was a Eurovision entry in the late seventies. My response to that is: really? You're really going to enter that Ding a Dong song? Sadly, against all manner of good taste (which, let's face it, is what Eurovision is known for) the song won. Either I was born in the wrong decade or the translation just really doesn't work. I urge you all to find the lyrics to this song, print them out, and try to read them with a straight face. Not gonna happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

hahahahahahahahaha

ummmmm

hahahahahahahahaha

genius!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I love how the third line of the chorus sounds like it is "maybe it's a bigot". The concept is very disco:

"Even when your lover is gone, gone, gone / Sing ding-ding-dong"

;)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I was totally going to write that it sounds like bigot as well!! I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this. It's actually "big hit," but I prefer ours because it just adds to the gloriousness of the song.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dedicate this to you as it has ding dong in it and a flower! Hopefully you know what I am saying!!!!!! But I agree with Paul....seriously genius!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I shall take that comment and lock it in my special drawer. I hope you know what I'm saying.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home