Your Ad Here

Friday, November 17, 2006

TAHITI 80 - CHINATOWN


“You make me feel lost”

After raving about the album yesterday, I felt the need to post a track from Tahiti 80's most recent release, Fosbury. Chinatown is actually one of the U.S. only tracks on the album, and one of the best pop songs the band's ever written. Opening with a ridiculously catchy riff that reminds me of The Mo's Bring Me A Spotlight (yes, I will mention The Mo whenever possible), the song never lets up. The best thing about the track, though, is it's one of those pop songs that never gets old. There's nothing particularly in-your-face about Chinatown, which allows it to have a very long life. And, as I said yesterday, the rest of the album's just as good.

Listen & Download: Tahiti 80 - Chinatown
Download: Tahiti 80 - Chinatown

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Zeon said...

Why a pic of The Killers? Was it intentional?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

hahahaha! So embarrasing! It's really just me being stupid, searching for a pic and this one came up. I had another Tahiti 80 promo pic but wanted a new one. Both bands have four guys, and I couldn't tell it was the Killers since it was so shadowy. Thanks for letting me know, and for giving my intentions the benefit of the doubt. I will forever check more closely!! :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger KulPop said...

I'm going to see Tahiti 80 in concert (with Brookville) tonight, can't wait! I thought 'Wallpaper For The Soul' was a bit of a let down after 'Puzzle', but Fosbury is a great cd.

Cheers,

KulPop

11:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Cool, I'm jealous. Let me know how it went!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home