Your Ad Here

Friday, January 26, 2007

LIT HITS
DAY FIVE: THE TRILOGY TO END ALL TRILOGIES




His Dark Materials: If you have not read this series, you must. Far from the "children's" books they are billed as, Pullman's epic fantasy is thought provoking, heartbreaking and riveting. Harry Potter may be fantastic (and it definitely is), but the His Dark Materials trilogy is truly one from the ages. Containing more humanity and heart than Tolkien's work, more guts and insight than CS Lewis', and more timelessness than any fantasy released in the last twenty years, read these books if you have even a passing interest in fantasy and literature.

What amazon says: "In an epic trilogy, Philip Pullman unlocks the door to a world parallel to our own, but with a mysterious slant all its own. Dæmons and winged creatures live side by side with humans, and a mysterious entity called Dust just might have the power to unite the universes--if it isn't destroyed first. Join Lyra, Pantalaimon, Will, and the rest as they embark on the most breathtaking, heartbreaking adventures of their lives. The fate of the universe is in their hands."

Buy all three books... for a great bargain!

4 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I have nothing substantial to add, but seeing that this was your "trilogy to end all trilogies" has pretty much made my day. I'm not usually very evangelical in regards to books, but this is a series I have no qualms in recommending to anyone and everyone.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone should read this trilogy, it's one that I return to again and again. I don't know why people get all up in arms over the third book and insist that it goes downhill from there, I think the third book is the most thought-provoking and moving of the three.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Poster Girl, I was amazed you were able to guess my trilogy on the first day!!

On a sidenote, I cannot wait for the movie adaptation of The Golden Compass. I hope they don't screw it up!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate phillip pullman's writing.
I just think 'grow up' whenever I go near anything by him.

go read crime & punishment instead.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home