Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 04, 2007

P3 Guld 2007: A hell of a lot better concert than the Grammys will be!

I thought for today's post I'd spotlight some of my favorite performances from Sweden's P3 Guld 2007 Awards Ceremony a few weeks back. I can tell you now that I'm not looking forward to anything that'll be on display come Grammy night, so I have to live vicariously through these Swedes instead.

So, for today I've got the Ark performing their brilliant new single Absolutely No Decorum (and looking stunning while doing it), Melody Club performing personal fav Last Girl On My Mind while backed by fantastic violins, and newcomer Juvelen, performing the brilliant Hanna.

Enjoy!

The Ark - Absolutely No Decorum


Melody Club - Last Girl On My Mind



Juvelen - Hanna

5 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Now that is incredibly weird...I just wrote about a song performed there and posted a link to a video of the performance from this...luckily none of these, though! And then I'd just gotten to thinking, "You know, I think that live performance of the Ark's new song was from P3 Guld...I should really go look up that performance."

Strange things happen when you're up past midnight, I guess.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Chrille said...

I went to a gig with Juvelen a couple of weeks ago. He was very ace. Moved like Prince! He's probably one of my favourite new popstars of 2007. Glad you're writing about him when we at Sounds Of Sweden are being lazy at the moment.

P3 Guld is a great show, although I personally prefer Rockbjörnen (The Rock Bear - FYI not a rock awards ceremony, most of the bands and artists performing are pop). It's incredibly funny, and some ace pop acts performed this year, for example Linda Sundblad, Marit Bergman & Darin.

You should check out the Swedish Grammy's as well, it's actually quite a good show (compared to the American version at least).

12:56 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Poster girl, isn't the Ark's performance amazing? I seriously don't understand how these guys are not the biggest thing on the planet.

Chris, I'm jealous about the Juvelen show? Did he play any songs not on the ep? Also, I would love to see Rockbjörnen and the Grammys, it's just a matter of finding a place I can watch/download them.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Chrille said...

No, only the songs from the ep I'm afraid. Do you know how to use torrents? Because Rockbjörnen is up in its full version on www.thepiratebay.org, where you also can find the performances from the Grammy's (although I can see why you can't be bothered with the Grammy's - it's eight files or something like that).

Just search the words "Rockbjörnen" or "Grammisgalan" and you'll find them. Shout if you need any help!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

That's too bad. I'm eager to hear some tracks that aren't on the EP.

I'll check out the files on pirate bay. The site seemed not to work right yesterday so hopefully I'll have more luck today.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home