Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sweden's Eurovision EP

Given my continued excitement about The Ark making it to Eurovision (and no, I won't be posting their winning song, but you can hear it here), I wanted to compile a short list of Sweden's Eurovision entries from the past six years. It's mostly cheesy euro-pop, my favorites being the Afro-Dite and Friends tracks, though you definitely have to be in the right mood! Carola, however, was a very dull choice last year in my opinion.

2001: Friends - Listen To Your Heartbeat
2002: Afro-Dite - Never Let It Go
2003: Fame - Give Me Your Love
2004: Lena Philipsson - It Hurts
2005: Martin Stenmarck - Las Vegas
2006: Carola - Invincible

4 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Oh, Martin Stenmarck, what happened? Loved that first album so much, the second album felt like it was designed to be given away on Mother's Day (horrible stereotype, but the quickest way to describe it), "Las Vegas" is not ear-deafeningly horrible but it's not exactly excellent, and this new album? It has its moments, I guess--at least the Bassflow remix of "Sjumilakliv" made the whole thing worthwhile.

Thanks for the Friends and Afro-Dite songs--I've got the Fame, Lena, and Eurovision 2006 albums, but I think I've only heard one or two other Friends song and I know I've got nothing by Afro-Dite!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Carola?! Dull?! I suppose you had to be there, she's a wonderfully bonkers and intense performer... with a wind machine!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Also! You have to be sure to get the right version of Invincible / Evighet. The first released version has a backing track as weak as water. By the time eurovision came around, it had been tarted up to a much more acceptable standard.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Adem With An E said...

I much preferred the Swedish version of "Invincible". The english version just took a lot of the fun out of it I thought.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home