Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kamera - Talk About



"Talk about love!"

Given that I was just in Stockholm for four days and did some bargain cd shopping, you should expect to hear about some great Swedish bands/artists (both old and new) in the upcoming days. The first band I'm going to highlight is Kamera. I've been wanting to post about them for some time, actually, but I've never been able to get ahold of any of their music before. They've released two albums, and Talk About is from their just released second cd Resurrection. Both albums are bursting with catchy 80's synth pop in the vein of bands like Protocol and Elkland. Both albums are also very good and contain what sound like a lot of potential hits. I chose Talk About, even though it's not a single, because it's got a great 80's synth sound that, to me, actually sounds quite different than what most similarly styled bands are doing right now. There's a soulful edge to it reminiscent of groups like ABC. And, of course, the entirely thing is almost sinfully catchy.

Kamera - Talk About (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I think I was in love with this song the second it started playing! "Almost sinfully catchy" is a perfect description.

Hopefully the CDs really were bargains (though they'd be worth it even if not, I'm sure)--I imagine Sweden could be quite dangerous for one's bank account!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

If you like this you should check out their singles off this album: Like a Drug and the brilliant Borderline.

One of their cds was indeed a bargain... the other not so much. So all in all that works out alright, right? And, yes, Swedish music stores can be a huge drain on the bank account!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home