Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Video Premiere: The Ark - The Worrying Kind

I was a bit upset that we didn't get a video for Absolutely No Decorum, as the song was just screaming for it, but this brilliant little clip makes up for it. I love everything about this video. I love it's lack of concept... just throwing everything in there. I love the glam elements, the dancers, Adam & Eve... it's just such a fun video and really does show a different side of the band. It's like a Swedish smorgasbord of the tastiest kind. And Ola, of course, is fantastic in it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

It's official (not that there wasn't ample evidence before)--Sweden just does music videos better. The Ark just do (/does) music videos better. If you somehow didn't adore the song before, how could you not absolutely love it after seeing that video?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Exactly! I have nothing to add :)

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm if you all haven't seen the movie Velevet Goldmine go see it and there is a character who looks exactly like Oola Salo (lead singer)it is uncanny! I wonder if he based his look off of him. I can't remember the name of the character, but it is like Jack Sparkle, or Jack Glitter, I don't know, but it is Jack something or other. Plus there is a nice shot of Ewan McGregor (Iggy Pop) in a full nude frontal jumping around on stage! So, go check it out....that is if you dare to! He he he he!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

his name is jack fairy. lovely film by the way :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger Riikka said...

OMG you have the best music taste ever! Thank you so much for this blog. I'm so obsessed with swedish music too. And btw where have you found those The Mo CDs cos I have'nt found them anywhere :< Oh and I so love this The Ark video, it makes me so happy every time I see it ^^! The Ark is absolutely my favorite band in the whole world<3

PS If you haven't listend to Mando Diao or Sugarplum Fairy yet, you should defienetely try them. They are amazingly great rock bands from Sweden.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home