Your Ad Here

Friday, June 08, 2007

Gender - If I Was A Girl



"If you were a man, you would eat right off my hand"

Wow do I love discovering new music! I mean, it's basically why I started this blog in the first place, but I'm happy to say that over a year later I still get almost ridiculously excited when a new song comes hurtling out of (seemingly) nowhere into my ears and I can instantly tell that I've found a new band to worship. In this case, the band is Gender, and the song is If I Was A Girl. In addition to having the coolest promo shot I've seen in months and a great band name, the duo creates catchy electropop that manages to be both radio friendly and lyrically interesting. That's a difficult balance to strike, but Gender have made it their mission to do so. If I Was A Girl, which is their new single, is one of the best songs I've heard all year... seriously. They are (big surprise here) from Sweden, and would probably feel quite comfortable sharing a stage with some of my favorite bands like Melody Club and the Ark. Most importantly, they are effortlessly cool and bring a unique, androgynous style to their music (just listen to those vocals!) which sets them apart from others in their genre. I'm calling it now... these guys are going to be huge.

Gender - If I Was A Girl (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That song is total awesomeness and fabulosity beyond compare.

It is oh-so going with me to slip to the dj next time I go out popdancing, which should be like, oh, Tuesday. :)

Thanks a billion for the post! :-D

12:08 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

That's just what I want to hear! Expect much more from Gender in the future of this blog.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home