Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

1999 - The International Year



1999 marked the first time I began to look beyond the narrow confines of the American music market and discovered some artists from the UK, Canada and Scandinavia. Sky and Bif Naked both released stunning Canadian albums that still hold up today and I also fell in love with the pure pop of Meja’s Seven Sisters record, but the big discovery this year was Robbie Williams. After hearing Millenium (my song of the summer, btw) I had to have The Ego Has Landed (his debut US compilation cd). Once I finally got it, I wore the thing out from so many plays. In the coming year, with the onset of, shall we just say “music on the internet,” I would search out the missing songs to fill in the holes in his discography. I am a completist, after all!

Robbie Williams - Millenium
Sky - Strange
Bif Naked - I Died
Meja - Seven Sisters Road

3 Comments:

Blogger Grifit said...

I love Robbie Williams
I discovered him with the Rock Dj song but he didn't make a deep impression on me until Feel, that song was the slap on my face that I needed to become his fan and also to start listening music around the world (México and U.S. aren't very good at that)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

By the time Feel came around I was actually losing a bit of interest (and the song comes from my least favorite RW), but I'd still listen to anything he puts out, and I loved (for the most part) Rudebox.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Grifit said...

jajajaa
that's curious
cause I didn't like Rudebox

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home