Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 13, 2007

2005 - The Perfect Year



Musically, 2005 was absolutely flawless. It was the year I discovered Scandinavian music in a major way as well as some fantastic groups from the UK and US. Three of my favorite albums ever (Ark's State Of The Ark, Mo's Night At The Zoo and Melody Club's Face The Music) were all first bought in the first half of the year, as well as releases by Bodies Without Organs, The Sounds, Do Me Bad Things, Elkland, Surferosa, Don Juan Dracula, The Lovemakers, Robyn... I could go on. It was just magical, really, and definitely inspired me to start up this blog in early 2006. The four tracks posted below alone make up for one of the best blocks of music you could find anywhere, and those aren't even all my favorite songs!

The Ark - This Piece Of Poetry Is Meant To Do Harm
The Mo - Howl In The Jungle
Melody Club - Killing A Boy
The Callahan - The Melody That Counts

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please please, post something more from The Mo. I canĀ“t find anything anywhere from them!!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Either give me your email or email me and I'll take care of that ;)

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home