Your Ad Here

Friday, January 04, 2008

Tikkle Me - Remind The World

"I've got no balls, you see, I've already checked"

Okay, weird weird weird weird weird. Last June I was in Sweden and I went to this great show with The Ark and Melody Club in the tiny coastal town of Oxelösund (on the east coast of the country, south of Stockholm). The show was part of the town's annual Hamnfestival, basically a showcase for small unsigned local bands. The indie groups played throughout the day (with varying success) and then the big headliners came on at night. I arrived early, not really knowing my way around the place and wanting to make sure I was there in time for my favorite bands, so I got to watch a lot of the smaller acts as well. The scene was incredibly surreal, because the grounds of the festival were very small and there were maybe at most twenty people there, mostly (I assumed) families of the artists that were playing. I felt very much like a fish out of water, being the only non-Swedish there and also being on my own. I might as well have been crashing a stranger's house party basically. Anyway, one of the artists that played (I didn't know thir name at the time) was Tikkle Me. I know this now because one of their songs was just posted on the fantastic blog Absolut Noise, and I recognized it immediately. They were the best band (well, duo) that I saw that day and had an incredibly unique sound, emphasized by the fact that I can still remember almost every bit of Remind The World. I'm so glad that I've been reintroduced to these girls properly because I think they've got a really strange, fun, and interesting synthpop sound.

Tikkle Me - Remind The World (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eli said...

Little doubt, the dude is completely just.
link

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home