Your Ad Here

Friday, March 14, 2008

Ferras - Don't Give Up

"There's an angel who never left me completely"

Chartrigger and Poster Girl were both singing his praises, so I had to check out Ferras. Best known for his "idol" song, Hollywood Is Not America, which left me somewhat unimpressed, he's a new American singer-songwriter of a type that we haven't heard for awhile. The debut album sounds sort of like something that would have come out in the late nineties, so in that way it's kind of a throwback to the last time that US radio actually played songs rather than exclusively rap. This is a great thing. I'm not sure I'm quite as excited about the album as my peers, but I've definitely already found a few gems, and expect to find more as I give it a closer inspection. The song that instantly stuck out to me came towards the end. Don't Give Up has a propulsive, dramatic beat and some wonderful falsetto in the chorus. It reminds me a little bit of what Savage Garden would have done, except maybe more rocky. It has an amazing chorus and I hope it soon becomes a hit single.

Ferras - Don't Give Up (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder the album here!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What I've heard from the album is not bad stuff. I saw him perform live last weekend (only his third gig outside of LA) and he has the goods vocally and a decent stage persona as well, should be a big star soon.

Cheers,

KulPop

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home