Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 20, 2008

M83 - Kim & Jessie

"They are crazy about romance and illusion"

I've always known about M83, but never paid much attention to his music because I was under the impression that it was mostly instrumental and, being a fan of the perfect pop melody, I didn't think it would be my thing. Turns out I was somewhat wrong. A lot of the tracks do feature vocals, although they're still definitely more of the "ambient" genre. The soundscapes are gorgeous, though, and I was drawn into the new album after hearing that it was influenced by some of my favorite bands of the 80's (Tears For Fears being one of them). The new album Saturdays = Youth is more song oriented and my favorite tracks are the ones that sound a bit more like traditional pop. Of all these, Kim & Jessie is the best. It's simply massive in sound, with a stately melody to match. It gets more beautiful each time you hear it. Also, if you like this, check out Up!, from the new album as well, which sounds very much like Goldfrapp meeting Kate Bush.

M83 - Kim & Jessie (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder the album here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Oh, this is lovely--absolutely gorgeous, and just sweeps you along with it.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Mmm, yes this is a really good song. One of my favorites off the album. I really like this new direction M83 took.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's really nice, isn't it? It's one of those slow burning tracks.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home