Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mr. G. - Naughty Girl (Jessica's Addiction Remix)

"She's a naughty girl with a bad habit"

I finally got ahold of Australia's hit comedy Summer Heights High a few weeks ago and I've already watched the show two times. For those of you unfamiliar with the show, it's the creation of comedian Chris Lilley, who plays the three main characters (drama teacher, troubled student, & exchange student) at the high school. It's a satire, and one of the funniest (and oddly sort of moving) depictions of school life that I've ever seen. In short, I'm obsessed with it. One of the most popular characters is Mr. G., the flamboyant and vain drama teacher who spends the series creating his own over the top production, complete with fantastically hilarious songs. One of the songs, Naughty Girl, is now a valid hit in Australia. I struggled with whether to post the original or a remix today, but went with a remix since I like the beat better and I don't really want to be posting something that's actually doing well in the charts today. This remix actually turns the song into something that could be taken somewhat serious (in a highly ironic way) by someone who hasn't seen the show. The only thing I don't like about it is that it skips the wonderful melodic breakdown that the original has. Still, in any form this is a really fun dance track. My recommendation to you: seek out the single version after listening to this and watch the show, because it is so freaking funny.

Mr. G. - Naughty Girl (Jessica's Addiction Remix) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the single here and the dvd here!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I LOVE Summer Height High. Just got the DVD set as well. Ja'amie is my favourite. My flatmate and I would watch it together and there'd be a point where he'd say 'oh, shit' and I'm 'Yeah?' 'oh, I just checked out the girl.' Who wasn't actually a girl and who, instead, was Chris Lilley acting it up lol. Love that show. Can't wait to see what he's going to do next. Have you seen his earlier work? We Could Be Heroes. It's great.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home