Your Ad Here

Friday, May 09, 2008

Flashback Friday: Martha & The Muffins - Echo Beach



"My job is very boring, I'm an office clerk"

Martha & The Muffins was a Canadian new wave group that existed in the 70's and 80's under different guises. I discovered this single very randomly awhile ago and the next day it played on the 80's channel on Sirius radio. It was very strange. It was also very infectious, though, and I find myself singing along with the chorus everytime I hear it. I can't help think that this song would fit perfectly on Sahara Hotnights' newest album. I think it's the saxophone and vocals. It all sounds very "now," even though it's over twenty years old. (Bonus observation: doesn't the band name sound like the title for a Martha Stewart episode?)

Martha & The Muffins - Echo Beach (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home