Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2-4 Grooves - Writing On The Wall (St. Elmo's Fire)

"I can feel St. Elmo's fire burning in me"

I don't often post straight up dance/club tracks, and I certainly don't post many covers, but today I'm making an exception. I've been on a real 80's kick recently (I know, I was born on an 80's kick, but this is even more than usual), so despite this duo's lame-ass band name, despite the inherent cheesiness, I have been obsessed with this track for the past few days. I generally prefer my dance music to be original, but I do love it when an artist takes a semi-forgotten gem from the 80's, retains the sound and spirit, but brings it into the new millenium alive and kicking. This track is the perfect example of that. Take a campy yet ultra-catchy song from the past and amp it up for the dancefloor, at the same time revelling in its cheesiness. This song looks like it's gonna take Scandinavia by storm. My money's on the UK next.

2-4 Grooves - Writing On The Wall (St. Elmo's Fire) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the EP here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just awesome. The 80s has to have the best bad music of any generation.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home