Your Ad Here

Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashback Friday: Tsar - Silver Shifter

"I will climb and you will find the moon will shine moonlight"

I'm not going too far back in time for today's flashback. Less than a decade actually, to the year 2000 when boy bands and Britney ruled the airwaves. I think a bunch of you have already heard of Tsar. They're sort of famous for having one of the best albums that you can get for under a dollar on amazon. Their flawless power-pop debut was virtually ignored upon release, even though it's the kind of record where every song sounds like a number one hit. I'd compare their sound as a mix between McFly, the Ark and, in come cases, the soundtrack to Grease. If you have not given their album a try (listen to clips here) and you like power-pop (or music in general, really) you have got to make this purchase. I'm posting Silver Shifter today because it was my first introduction to the band back in 2000. Plus, it's a veritable melodic masterpiece with one hell of a bombastic chorus. I was obsessed with the song at the time, but didn't have the album until a couple of years ago. I would also recommend Kathy Fong Is The Bomb, though, because it is ultra ultra fun.

Tsar - Silver Shifter (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home