Your Ad Here

Monday, July 07, 2008

Black Kids - Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo)

"I say baby, you say bump it"

It's what I've been waiting for: my favorite album of the summer so far. And it came from a very unlikely source. I've admired Black Kids' music this year, but I've always felt the hype outweighed the actual tunes. I was wrong, because their new album, Partie Traumatic (released today in the UK), is amazing. A lot of critics have remarked that the new songs (aka: the songs not already on their EP) are somehow deficient and not as inventive. I actually like them more. Partie Traumatic is that rare record where every song is great and the momentum keeps up from beginning to end. I can't stop listening. Right now I'm especially digging closer track Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo). Forgetting its silly title, the song displays everything I am in love with about these guys. Van Halen Jump-era synths, shouty Go-Team style chants, and catchy as hell melodies. It is perfection.

Black Kids - Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home