Your Ad Here

Friday, July 04, 2008

Flashback Friday: The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays



"The silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload"

God I love this song! If you haven't heard it before, you're in for a huge treat. 1979 was such a kickass year for music. Based on the true story of an English school girl who murdered two adults and wounded eight classmates and then offered the (psychotic) defense "I don't like Mondays," the theatricality of this song is so the thing I love about music. It was a big hit in the UK but just scraped into the charts in the US. The video as well is amazing in that late 70's way. I love Bob Geldof's shirt and glasses towards the end, not to mention the hair. Why don't we have songs like this anymore, people?? BTW, the album that this track comes from is not too shabby either.

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home