Your Ad Here

Friday, January 09, 2009

Cash Cash - Sugar Rush



"I can taste you on my tongue"

There is a certain type of (put-on?) singing voice that is so synonymous with "emo" music in the States. It is almost always an instant disqualifier for me because I find it very whiny and disingenuine. Jean Paul Makhlouf, the lead singer of American band Cash Cash, very much borders on this voice, but thankfully it's more Hellogoodbye than... let's say early Fallout Boy. And even more thankfully, the group's songs (and choice of instrumentation) far eclipse any other similar-minded band. They totally embrace the pop and synth side of the genre and they're all the better for it. Because of this, I'd actually compare them more to Under The Influence Of Giants than Cobra Starship or Metro Station. They actually just toured with Metro Station, though they're infinitely better. The important thing is that they definitely want to dance, and tracks like Sugar Rush prove it.

3 Comments:

Blogger KulPop said...

Great track, I look forward to checking out the whole CD.

KulPop

8:24 AM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

Yeah, ditto on the great track sentiments! Thanks for the introduction.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you guys like it. They somewhat remind me of the Click Five, PPG... so I figured you'd dig it :)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home