Your Ad Here

Monday, January 12, 2009

Chateau Marmont - Anything & Everywhere

"Could it be another way?"

Chateau Marmont are a French electronic band who has remixed great artists like Ladyhawke and La Roux. They have an EP coming out soon (it's already out digitally) and I just stumbled upon this track floating around on my computer, gave it another listen, and fell in love with it. I don't know where it came from or when I first downloaded it, but it's amazing nonetheless. The guys have been compared to another famous French band, Air, but this song at least is a lot more upbeat and poppy than most stuff coming out of France right now. They have an incredibly smooth sound and the melody of Anything & Everywhere is ridiculously catchy whitout being in-your-face. It balances indie and pop perfectly, and I hope it's a taste of what kind of music will be on the eventual full-length.

Chateau Marmont - Anything & Everywhere (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

It looks like this was from a 2006 album of the same name released in France, but sadly I can't find anything other than references to it: http://indiepassion.blogspot.com/2009/01/chateau-marmont-solar-apex-ep-2008.html

I'd definitely like to hear more if I could find it.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah and it's also on the ep that I linked to at the end of the post. I wonder if the two versions are different, because the new ep came out just a few weeks ago.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home