Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"You and me, girl"

Giantess remind me of an American version of Sweden's Fibes, Oh Fibes. Their sound and songs are very similar, disregarding the higher-pitched vocals. It's a very summery sound, something that would be at home in a convertible speeding towards the beach. Like yesterday's track, I wasn't instantly sold on the song, though I loved the bubbly synth opening and the hook. Also like yesterday's track, I have a feeling that if these guys hooked up with the right producer they could be absolutely huge. They're refreshingly different (and poppier) than a lot of American music and could easily steal some of Chromeo's fans. Lately they've supported buzz band Passion Pit (who I don't get at all) on tour, so hopefully they'll find the recognition they need and get signed.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home