Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"I just wanna stay here and talk to you"

Another Danish song today, and one that popjustice rightly stated should have gone on to Eurovision to represent Denmark. Jeppe was one half of the brilliant Junior Senior and has been working on his solo album since they broke up. Personally, Jeppe was not my favorite half of the band, but his solo stuff so far has been excellent so I just might have to change my opinion about that. Lucky Boy has mega-producer Thomas Troelsen's influence all over it, from the instant (and insanely catchy) melody and eighties beat. Plus, there are cowbells!! All of this pales in comparison, though, to the mammoth hook, delivered onstage by three female background singers. You'll be singing it for days, I promise. I can't wait for Jeppe's solo album, especially if it sounds anything like this.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Karnig said...

I saw the performance of this song on YouTube and it's been stuck in my head since then! I love it. Jeppe's got another single out, "Big Boy" -- check out the SSION's Bang Bang Remix. It's on iTunes, and I think you'll like it.

I love the 3 background singers on the pedestals during the performance. =D

11:07 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, it's one of those songs that is created to latch onto your brain and not let go.
I've heard his other stuff (Big Boy and his cover of Johnny Come Home), but so far Lucky Boy is my favorite. Hopefully the album's not a letdown.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home