Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"My inhibitions are gone"

Anyone who names their album Glamunition really has me before I’ve even listened to the songs. Luckily, the music matches the awesomeness of the title. Åge Sten Nilsen will be known to some of you as the front man to the Nowegian band Wig Wam. Despite winning Melodi Grand Prix a couple years back with their 80’s heavy metal throwback sound, I could never warm up to their music. Luckily, on Nilsen’s second solo album he’s gone in a completely different direction, embracing sounds of the seventies--from glam rock to disco to power ballads. It’s a wonderful album and totally fun. He should stick with this kind of material because it suits him very well. It was hard to pick a track to post today (I almost wrote about Vainette--which sounds a lot like Killer Queen), but I decided to go with one of the poppiest tracks, the disco-infused Bring The Night On. In the season of Eurovision competitors, I’d imagine that this song would have done well in Norway’s MGP. It’s catchy (of course) and anthematic, with a great heavy dance rock beat that’s perfect for the Spring. If you like this be sure to check out the full album because it’s one of the best I’ve heard so far this year.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home