Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 12, 2009

"This place is holding you back"

For the first time in what seems like forever, I'm posting a song by an American band. Contrary to what the charts say, not all American music is shit. In fact, like the criminally ignored Your Vegas last year, some of it can be downright transcendent. Remember the UK band Protocol a few years back? They broke up before releasing an album, and I'm still annoyed by that, but I think that Liam & Me are their American counterparts. The English teacher in me can't stand that band name, but the vocals and overall sound are pretty similar. And, while it's too early to tell if an album will be worth buying, if it's anything as strong as Fast As You Can, we're in for a treat. This track grabbed me from the first 30 seconds. I love how the instrumentation builds perfectly with the melody. Like a lot of the songs I post here, the band straddle the line between pop, rock and synth music in a way that really widens the song's appeal. They also have a single out, which you can hear on their myspace.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I just knew you'd like this group! :D

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home