Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Ambitions are already starting to fade"

Okay, so these guys have gotta have one of the worst band names in the history of music, as bad or worse than Baconflex (who coincidentally have a new album out). But, it's instantly forgiven once you hear them. Like Delays mixed with Bosson mixed with Fleetwood Mac, they've got a soaring, androgynous sound that mixes together classic rock, synths and pure pop. Ambitions is already shaping up to be a big hit in Norway, and an album is on the way. Much of the credit has got to go to frontman Cato Sundberg, whose vocals are out of this world. It reminds me of the first time I heard a Delays record. The chorus, in particular, gets better and better with each listen. I'm really eager to hear what else these guys have in store for us.

On another note, the new Enemy and Tommy Sparks albums are awesome. More on them later, hopefully.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Fins out more here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

Great song today. I'll be interested in watching for an album.

Now how did you find the new Tommy Sparks album?!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I hope they can keep up the momentum.
As for Tommy Sparks, I just happened to stumble upon it ;)
It's quite good--out in two weeks I think.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home