Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"I will love her better, but I'm no Romeo"

As a listener who thinks the only good song Swedish boyband E.M.D. have released so far was Jennie Let Me Love You, I am really excited to write about the sequel. I despised Baby Goodbye more and more with each listen and performance at Melodifestivalen. It was just so irritating to me, including the ill-conceived top hat and cane routine. But enough about that, because they've completely redeemed themselves with the poptastic I'm No Romeo from the reissue of their debut album. Despite having dancepop artist extraordinaire Danny Saucedo as a group member, one of the biggest problems I've had with E.M.D. is their lack of uptempo material. I'm No Romeo is a straight-up dance track, exploding with a catchy (and not annoying) hook right from the beginning. It totally owns Baby Goodbye. I could do without the overly boyband-ish vocals, but the song's too good to be spoiled by cheesiness. It sounds like an amped up version of Jennie Let Me Love You, which is appropriate since it seems to be about the same girl these guys were obsessed with last time. Only this time they seem a little more unsure about snatching her away from whoever she's with. If you like this track, check out another uptempo addition to their album called Youngblood. It's pretty good too.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Q Public said...

Hmmm, you don't like "For You"? That may be my favorite on the album ... original release, since I don't think I enjoy it quite enough to hunt down the reissue. Although, they do earn points with me for covering an Eran James song ("We Can").

-T

5:26 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's fine, but the album's too boybandy for me. I am quite into this song, though. It's got that Scandinavian touch to it.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Junior said...

Thanks so much for the article, pretty useful data.
kure beach nc rentals | car trade in calculator | travel deals from boston

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home