Your Ad Here

Monday, April 13, 2009

"This isn't another girl meets boy"

At some point during the middle of last week, I finally got La Roux. I've wanted to like them for a while. The visual aspect is spot on, but Elly Jackson's unique vocals were holding me back. I did quite like Quicksand, mainly due to the synth/tropical backdrop, but In For The Kill didn't hit me for awhile longer. After it (miraculously) kept climbing the British charts, I decided to give it another chance and I am now in love with the song. The rest of the album tracks that have surfaced are very good, too, and now I'm looking forward to the album. One of the tracks that's been stuck in my head for the past couple of days is I'm Not Your Toy. Its sound is very similar to Quicksand (in fact, most of the duo's songs sound quite alike), but it's got an even catchier hook. Plus, Jackson's oddball vocals are in full effect. It's like the soundtrack of an otherworldly new wave jungle.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home