Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"Where's my mind at?"

I think I'm pretty behind on these guys, but I'm going to post this track anyways because I doubt most people outside of the UK have heard it and it is a sleek, stunning example of classy electropop. Kish Mauve are the songwriting/production duo responsible for Kylie Minogue's comeback hit 2 Hearts (itself a cover version of one of their earlier songs). They released their first full length album, Black Heart, for download about a month ago. It's half brilliant, half forgettable...but honestly that's how most albums are these days. One thing that I love about Kish Mauve, though, is how they use guitar as a backbone for a lot of their otherwise pure-pop tracks. The guitar hook on Modern Love is just massive--so much so that there's really not a need for a proper chorus. I can imagine Sophie Ellis-Bextor covering this track for her new album. It's got that sort of avant-garde disco sound to it.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home