Your Ad Here

Friday, May 22, 2009

"Everyday I lie awake and pray to God today's the day"

People have been raving about Passion Pit since the beginning of the year but I never saw what all the hype was about. But throughout the past month or so of hearing The Reeling on the radio, I've become somewhat obsessed with the single. I'm still not sure about the band in general (it's the vocals), but I am sure that the chorus of this track is drop-dead amazing. It's got such a summery vibe to it but sounds very alien as well. It's like Duran Duran meeting Deep Forest... something I wouldn't immediately peg as a hit but becomes one after repeated listens. They're definitely not a mainstream pop group (again, the vocals), but will find a lot of love from hipsters and bloggers. That's usually something that defines uber-boring snooze bands, but Passion Pit are different, at least with this song! I haven't heard too many other tracks so I hope their album is good too.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree these guys are amazing. Have seen them live, and I was very impressed. Check out Miss Mercury, wicked new band from Canada.
www.myspace.com/missmercurymusic

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home