Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 14, 2009


"He's a copycat trying to steal my soul"

Sadly, today's selection has already been knocked out of the competition in the semi-finals. Poor Belgium. It's a shame, too, because Copycat has a goofy Elvis-meets-Adam Ant charm to it that endeared me instantly. I was really looking forward to seeing it performed on Saturday. I guess the whole Elvis angle (played to the hilt in the video, which also features some horrific 80's-esque animation) just didn't seem original enough. To be honest, it's not, but that doesn't mean the song isn't great. It's got that hokey novelty aspect to it, which means I'll probably detest it in a couple of months, but right now I'm enamored by the catchy chorus and addictive energy. I can completely do without the lame spoken interlude, although that kind of stuff is sorta expected in Eurovision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home