Your Ad Here

Monday, June 08, 2009

"I feel the magic between you and I"

Hungry Eyes is the ten zillionth example that Sweden does straight-ahead pop music better than any other country. Anders Fernette used to be Anders Johansson (and is still credited as such on itunes), a pop balladeer that never really caught my eye before. I'm not sure why the name's changed, but the music has certainly got some more oomph to it. Hungry Eyes is an irresistible, sugary dance-pop cover single that reminds me a lot of Darren Hayes' first solo output. It's shaping up to be a big hit in Sweden, and I hope it's a sound that Fernette sticks with because his voice suits songs like this perfectly. Fans of ultra-catchy pop music are going to eat this up, and rightfully so.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

this is brilliant. I loved his cover of Alone, but this - if Westlife came back with something like this, I would be ecstatic!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home