Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I'm sorry now"

I've had my eye on Germany's Cinema Bizarre for awhile now. I love their glammed-up image and their videos are quite the spectacle. They claim to have a love for the 80's, though their music is pretty typical for Northern European radio rock. Think the Rasmus and Tokio Hotel. These bands usually seem to put more effort into having an otherworldly image than making otherworldly music. This is true about much of Cinema Bizarre's album, though I give them credit for using more synth than their peers and generally being a bit more interesting. One extremely interesting thing about them is that one of the songs on their album is a cover of Protocol's (R.I.P.) She Waits For Me. Remember Protocol? I LOVED them, and I HATED the fact that we never got an album. CB's version of the song is slightly more rock, but isn't too different from the original. Bigger sounding, maybe. I do like the lead singer's voice quite a bit. It's slicker than most of his counterparts, and would fit with the poppier direction I wish these guys would go. Germany needs their own Ark.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home