Your Ad Here

Monday, June 01, 2009

"Pumping through my veins"

I wrote about the new Sounds album (out tomorrow) a couple of weeks ago and stand by the review. There are some terrific tracks on the record but a little filler as well. My Lover should be the next single for sure--a pop/dance track with awesome verses and a super catchy chorus. However, the song that's had the most lasting appeal to me is Underground. It marries their old sound with their new one perfectly, with a stompy new wave beat and hook after hook. I love the experimental vocal quirks and the nostalgic lyrics. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Laakso's epic-masterpiece Norrköping. It's not quite up to that level (what is?) but it's a welcome summer pop song from an album that could do with a few more of them.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home