Your Ad Here

Monday, August 03, 2009

"Did the world just miss its second meltdown?"

Frankmusik seems like he's been around forever. It also seems like forever that we've been waiting for his debut album. It finally comes out today, and honestly pretty much all the excitement I felt about it had fizzled months ago. That is, until I listened to the album. We've heard most of the songs before (many in alternate forms), so the thing plays like a greatest hits. It also sounds like a proper breakthrough, something that could actually take off if given the right push. Whoever's behind him has really dropped the ball, and it's pretty sad. Part of me wonders if it's too late to turn the campaign around. Regardless, it's a fantastic album that should please fans. I loved listening to the few tracks I hadn't heard before. Wonder Woman is one of those, and falls more on the pop side of his work than the electronic one. He's a hooky songwriter when he wants to be, and this is an excellent example of this.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home