Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


"I don't wanna believe it"

Back to some teen pop. For those who can't stomach it, you'll just have to bear with me for today. After all, I posted a great track from Demi Lovato a short while ago. It's only fair to complete the package with Disney's other popstar-in-training. Selena Gomez, as an actress, is actually my favorite. Like Shia Labeouf in Even Stevens (btw, one of the best kid's shows ever), I think she's really got a future ahead of her. She seems smart, mature and charming, and most importantly she's got that x-factor. Her music is definitely closer to the pop/dance side of the spectrum, and that's a total plus. Songs like Disappear are pure fluff, but it's the kind of fluff I can totally get behind. Sure, it's from the Wizards of Waverly Place soundtrack so it's pretty much contractually obliged to include references to "magic" in it, but I could see this being a real radio hit outside of Disney. Her debut album comes out in September (29th, I think), and will complete the Miley/Demi/Selena trifecta, I guess. God I am still such a teen at heart. Groan. Enjoy it, though. This is one catchy track.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home