Your Ad Here

Friday, August 28, 2009

"It won't be long my darling"

God, this song has been in my head all week. It's Selena Gomez's official debut single with her band and it's quite a spectacular slice of electro/pop/rock. I'm so pleased she's gone in this direction: totally upbeat with retro influences. Although she doesn't possess the same kind of pipes as her contemporaries, she's got the look, attitude and personality to pull this kind of music off perfectly. There's a certain part in the bridge (quoted in the lyrics above) that gets me every time, though the chorus is pretty fantastic too. If only top 40 radio would pick up on this. They seem to have a thing against Disney, just as they had a thing against American Idol for awhile. Based on this taster, though, I have high hopes for the album.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home