Your Ad Here

Monday, October 05, 2009

"You weren't what you advertised"

Allison Iraheta finished fourth on this year's American Idol and was easily my second favorite contestant. When I heard that she was working with Max Martin, as she did for this single, I was very happy. His brand of over-the-top catchy pop/rock is exactly what I hoped she'd release after the show. Friday I'll Be Over U, the first single, was premiered today and doesn't disappoint. It's got a very Kelly Clarkson vibe, yet feels younger. It's also got more of an electronic influence and a real funky guitar line in the verses. Allison sounds flawless as usual... way beyond her years yet totally youthful at the same time. She was definitely one of the most likable contestants the series has had, and I hope that goodwill helps launch her into stardom. This single is a great first step.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home