Your Ad Here

Monday, November 09, 2009

"Never give up, it's such a wonderful life"

I was devastated when Daggers broke up. They had my favorite song of last year and released an album's worth of demos on myspace that kept getting better and better. Now the band have fractured into a group called Hurts, and I'm happy to report that there seems to a lot more industry interest in them than there ever was for Daggers. Signed to Sony, they were apparently the object of an "intense bidding war" and will be releasing material officially next year. I wish them all the success in the world, though I hope they don't totally strip the bombastic pop sound that made Daggers one of the best new bands of the decade. So far their image seems moodier, and their songs more atmospheric. Wonderful Life is certainly a positive teaser, but I'd love to see some big dance songs as well.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I agree with every bit of this post.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Great minds think alike :)

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home