Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"We can't ever be alone"

Penguin Prison is an NYC Dj known for his remixing, but now he's releasing his own material. Maybe someone can tell me the significance of the band name (if there is any) because I honestly don't know. Doesn't matter much, though, because the music's what counts and the music leads me to believe that we've got an interesting new talent here. His accessible electropop has just enough of an indie edge to it to make it cool without being boring and pretentious. This is definitely party music with an edge. A Funny Thing has a downright brilliant, disco-fied chorus and I'm very impressed with the range and character of his vocals. It reminds me a lot of Tommy Sparks, an artist I loved earlier this year. Hopefully this guy can find even greater success.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home