Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Melody Club & Anna Järvinen - I Don't Believe In Angels

"I don't believe in angels, but I've just seen one"

How the hell did I miss this?!? Seriously, it combines two of my favorite things (Melody Club & Christmas), PPG and Jessica have both posted about it, and it's been out for a month now. Sheesh! I must be really off my game. Melody Club is, after all, a card-carrying member of my holy trinity of music (see sidebar) and I'm guaranteed to love everything they do. This Christmas track, with newcomer Anna Järvinen, is no different, though it's more of a curio amongst their impressive catalog than anything else. It sounds like you'd expect a holiday-themed MC midtempo to sound: an instantly singalong melody, cheesy lyrics, and lots of sleigh bells. I hope that it's a success for them. Maybe it'll rejuvinate interest after their last (flippin' fantastic) album failed to light the charts on fire. Either way, it's always a pleasure to have them around.

Melody Club & Anna Järvinen - I Don't Believe In Angels

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

and it's not too treacly which is always the danger with Christmas songs. I sort of (shamefully) completely forgot about them so am delighted to be rummaging through their music endeavours again!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://hotfile.com/dl/20634302/6abc7cc/Melody_Club_-_I_Dont_Believe_In_Angels.mp3.html

The Incredibles

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is actually very well established and has worked with Dungen before.

Anna Järvinen's debut album "Jag fick feeling" ("I Got Feeling") received a substantial amount of attention when it was released in October 2007. The follow-up "Man var bland molnen" ("One Was Among the Clouds") is produced and recorded by Gustav Ejstes (from the band Dungen), who also plays a variety of instruments on the album.

Anna was nominated for the Swedish Grammy and P3 Guld prize, won the paper Stockholm City’s music prize, and was interviewed in virtually every Swedish paper. The record also got a lot of attention in Finland and Anna toured in both countries during fall 2007 and spring/summer 2008.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home