Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cassette Kids - Lying Around


"Nothing's gonna happen if you're lying around"

Australia's Cassette Kids is a band I've been meaning to check out for some time now. Based on their description, I knew I'd like them, but for one reason or another I always passed them by. Now I'm kind of addicted to their song Lying Around, a single off their upcoming album. I think the biggest reason I like it is that it reminds me a little of No Doubt when they were first coming out. Lead singer Katrina Noorbergen has a similar pop/punk warble as Gwen Stefani and here the band go for a disco-infused track with plenty of synthesized strings. As you can see from the promo pic, they've also got a similar look. The comparison's not meant to take anything away from the band, though. They stand quite well on their own. And if this and their newest single, Spin (which sounds more like Surferosa actually), is any indication, the album is going to be pretty fantastic.

Cassette Kids - Lying Around  by  alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their first "mini-album" here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercedes said...

Great song :)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home