Your Ad Here

Friday, February 26, 2010

Rihanna - Sexuality


"You want me, then make a move"

Today's post is a little different than most because I usually write about indie or unknown artists, but that doesn't mean that I'm not 100% obsessed with mainstream pop music. It's been several months since Rihanna released her latest album and I've gotta say I haven't listened to it since 2009. This despite the fact that I gave it a very high grade in my review and even featured it in my top ten albums of the year. I don't take any of that back, but (as if it hasn't been said by everybody else already), it doesn't mean that it's a fun album. Doesn't make it bad or good, but it does make it something that I'm usually not in the mood to hear. Now, this brings me to Sexuality, an unreleased track that's light years away from the stuff on Rated R, yet could have easily been an example of the sound of a never-completed project. I'm not sure it's any better, but it's definitely more fun. The obvious inspiration here is Prince. In fact, it's nearly a carbon copy of his 80's work, even down to the title. I love the spare, funky synths and drum beat. Rihanna doesn't quite get away with the dippy lyrics (she needs a bit more funk), but this could've been a fantastic single in another world.

Rihanna - Sexuality by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy Rated R here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home