Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Tapeaters - Kids


"Kids are better than us"

The Tapeaters. Does anyone even know what a tape is anymore? I just realized that I no longer have any device capable of playing a cassette or video tape and haven't for over a year. Sad. And also off the point entirely. Back to the artist, The Tapeaters are from Russia, a country with a thriving electro scene right now. A lot of that electro is instrumental, but these guys go in a poppier vein. Kids is their strongest track, and the one with the best hook. Plus, with the production and accent, I always think the guy's saying "gays" instead of "kids" in the chorus, which makes me laugh. You end up with great lines like "gays are smarter than us, gays are faster than us" etc etc. "Kids" is fine, too, I guess. A good song is a good song!

The Tapeaters - Kids by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

haha viva the smart gays :P

10:55 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm not the only one who hears this, right?? :)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home