Your Ad Here

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Bang Bang Club - Chemistry


"We were fighting for the sake of it"

Songs like this are the reason that I still love doing this blog. The Bang Bang Club are a new UK duo releasing this track as their debut single on May 3rd. Chemistry is a perfect pop song. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it instantly entered my hall of fame the very first time I heard it. It's everything I love in music. Take some Delays, add a bit of the Ark and Protocol, and you've got an idea what this sounds like. The vocals have been compared to Empire Of The Sun, which worried me at first because EoaS's vocals made it hard for me to love that group. Luckily, these are much nicer. Not nasal, but funky. Almost robo-glam. The guys have a few other sample tracks floating around that are also great, but I want to make mention of the stunning ballad Plants & Animals (sample here) as well, because that paired with Chemistry represents what I hope the band's album will sound like. These are epic tunes. Along with Dyno and the Dirty Disco, they are one of my greatest hopes for 2010.
(And by the way, you can download this track for free below - click the arrow)

The Bang Bang Club - Chemistry  by  The Bang Bang Club

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow, love this!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you like it. I desperately want this to be a hit!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Neil said...

This is the best song I've heard in a long time!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous George said...

Cool stuff!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I love that they are releasing it on my birthday. that feels very right :) Someone on my blog described the song as Erasure on testosterone, which seemed quite appropriate. I adore them!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Spread the word, people! (and buy the single when it comes out if you're in the UK)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home