Your Ad Here

Monday, March 08, 2010

Kiss Kiss Kiss - Miss Meredith


"I still hold my breath"

Danish band Kiss Kiss Kiss have been on my radar for awhile now, and they've just released their debut album, Release the Birds. Think of them as a slightly poppier electronic (ie: Danish) Franz Ferdinand. They've got that herky jerky rock sound that's heavily influenced by dance and new wave. This particular track opens with some fantastic synths (that I wish stayed around for the entire song) before launching into a funky verse that explodes into an even better chorus. I love it when bands are self referential in songs. The Mo used to do that all the time. There's something charmingly un-modest about it. It doesn't hurt that the "kiss kiss kiss" part is easily the catchiest hook of the bunch.

Kiss Kiss Kiss - Miss Meredith  by  alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Denmark and Norway are producing some very good sounds at the moment that I am a) finding here and b) liking muchly :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks Paul! To be honest, I wish I was loving this album more... but the song grows like a fungus!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a big YES

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home